Gastric cancer is a type of cancer that originates in the stomach and is characterized by the growth of abnormal malignant masses or tumors in the stomach. The Best Doctor For Stomach Cancer in Kanpur. If left untreated, cancer can metastasize (spread) through the lining of the abdomen or through the bloodstream to nearby organs.
What is Gastric Cancer
Stomach cancer is also called gastric cancer. Gastric cancer is a type of cancer that originates in the stomach and is characterized by the growth of abnormal malignant masses or tumors in the stomach. If left untreated, cancer can metastasize (spread) through the lining of the abdomen or through the bloodstream to nearby organs. Best Doctor For Stomach Cancer in Kanpur. Stomach cancer is treated using surgery, radiation or chemotherapy depending on its type, size and stage. However, the following types of stomach or gastric cancer can occur. These include adenocarcinoma, lymphoma, carcinoid tumor.
What are the signs of Gastrointestinal cancer?
Symptoms of early stages of gastric cancer –
- Indigestion and stomach discomfort.
- A bloated feeling after eating.
- Mild nausea.
- loss of appetite.
- Burning in stomach.
Signs and symptoms of more advanced stages of gastric cancer may be:
- Blood in stool. Vomiting.
- Weight loss without any reason.
- Abdominal pain.
- Jaundice (yellowing of the eyes and skin).
- Ascites (buildup of fluid in the abdomen).
- Trouble swallowing.
Causes of Gastric cancer
The exact cause of stomach or gastric cancer is not clear, although some research suggests that there may be factors that increase the risk of cancer.
- Excessive use of tobacco or cigarette smoking may increase the risk of stomach or gastric cancer.
- Being overweight or obese can increase the risk of gastric cancer.
- According to some studies, excessive consumption of alcohol can promote gastric cancer.
- Consuming more salt and smoked foods in the diet and consuming too little of fruits and vegetables can increase the risk of colon cancer.
- Helicobacter pylori infection may increase the risk of stomach bloating or ulcers and gastric cancer, in some cases up to one in four cancers.
Treatments for Gastric cancer
- according to Dwivedi’s Cancer Care Centre, Stomach or gastric cancer can be treated with the help of surgery, radiation, chemotherapy and drugs. However, chemotherapy and radiation do not always completely get rid of cancer and may only be helpful in reducing the size of the tumor or relieving symptoms. Best Doctor For Stomach Cancer in Kanpur. Therefore surgery is necessary to completely remove the tumor and prevent it from spreading to other parts of the body.
Depending on the growth and size of the tumor, the surgeon may remove a portion of the stomach (subtotal gastrectomy) or the entire stomach (total gastrectomy). Chemotherapy and radiation probably administered along with surgery.
Gastrointestinal Cancers Surgery
Best Doctor For Stomach Cancer in Kanpur
Gastrointestinal Oncology Division at Dwivedi’s Cancer Care Centre comprises a specialized team of professionals who are dedicated to preventing, diagnosing, treating, and managing cancers of the gastrointestinal system (also called the digestive system). Best Doctor For Stomach Cancer in Kanpur. These include cancers of the colon, rectum, anus, bile ducts, gallbladder, liver, pancreas, small intestine, and stomach.
The gastrointestinal oncology team brings together experts in gastroenterology, surgery, medical oncology, radiation oncology, radiology, pathology, and nursing. Best Doctor For Stomach Cancer in Kanpur. This specialized approach to treating gastrointestinal cancers provides patients with the exact type of services they need to battle their specific disease and its physical, emotional, and social side effects.Our Oncologists provide advanced and comprehensive care for the early diagnoses and treatment of Gastrointestinal Cancers.